Basic Muffin Mix
Variations of this muffin mix are limited only by your imagination
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Mix the dry ingredients together, Blend in egg and cream. You may have to add a tiny bit of water to make enough to fill 12 mini muffin tins (buttered).
- Bake at 180O until muffins are golden brown. Cool slightly, serve
- Muffins can vary depending on personal taste. Try any combination of cheese, herbs, berries, low carbohydrate chocolate, pumpkin, or bacon.
Serves 12 (Snack)
Make a well in the centre; add yolks, oil, vanilla and boiling water. Beat until smooth. Fold this mixture into the stiffly beaten whites. Pour into square 21 cm x 21 cm cake tin and bake at 180°C for 40 minutes. Let cool before serving.