It is featured at www.ForkAndBeans.com and it showcases the versatile nature of cauliflower… and it tastes amazing!
This dish serves 4, so if you want to serve it to more people just increase the quantity of ingredients.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, chopped in a food processor to create a rice texture
- 4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 large shallot, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp. sundried tomatoes, packed in oil and drained
- 2 Tbsp. capers
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, or 2 tsp dried
- Toasted pine nuts to top and garnish
In a medium-sized pot, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil on medium heat until warmed. Place the shallots, garlic, and thyme inside and saute for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant and translucent.
Place 1 the can of beans and vegetable broth into the pot and simmer for 5 minutes.
Gently blend all of the contents together in the pot until creamy and smooth. If you are using a blender, return contents to the pot.
Add grated cauliflower, sun-dried tomatoes, remainder beans, and spinach. Cover with a lid and allow to heat through for a good 5 minutes.
Add the capers before you serve and garnish with toasted pine nuts.