Warm Mexican style dish
- 2 palm size portions of chicken breast, cut into thin bite size pieces
- 4 handfuls of mixed broccoli florets and finely sliced green capsicum
- 2 handfuls mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste (no added sugar)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Olive oil for cooking
- Sprinkling of Italian seasoning
- Garnishing of fresh chopped parsley
1. To make salsa mix together, water, tomato paste, tabasco sauce, sea salt, pepper and onion flakes and let stand.
2. Coat frying pan with olive oil. Over moderate heat, add crushed garlic, chicken, mushrooms, broccoli and green capsicum. Keep mixing and tossing until chicken is browned then add tomato salsa mixture, stirring well until evenly mixed through.
3. When ready to serve, sprinkle over with parsley.