- 3 handfuls eggplant, cut into 3 to 5 mm slices
- 3 handfuls zucchinis, cut diagonally into 3 to 5 mm slices
- 2 handfuls fennel, peeled, halved and cut into 3 to 5 mm slices
- 1 1/2 handfuls green beans, snapped and halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons tamari (wheat free soy sauce)
1. Cut eggplant first. As some larger eggplants may be bitter, toss slices with 1 teaspoon salt, then let them sit while preparing other vegetables, to draw out bitter liquid. Rinse off briny liquid and pat slices dry.
2. Place equal sized, dry vegetable slices in large mixing bowl. Pour oil and tamari over vegetable slices, tossing to coat evenly.
3. Place coated slices in a food dehydrator or on a lightly greased tray. Dehydrate at 45 degrees for 4 to 8 hours or at lowest setting of oven for 3 to 4 hours, until vegetables are dried and crunchy, leathery or chewycrunchy.
4. Cool and serve as a snack or with soup.
You can use any vegetables e.g. cauliflower, celery, green beans.
Serves 3 (Vegetable Side Dish)