In-House Bio-Impedance Analysis
Our qualified naturopath will hook you up to an in-house machine which determines the following:
- Your ideal weight
- Body fat content
- Muscle quality & quantity
- Amount of energy your cells are producing
- Fluid retention
- Biological Age
- The food intolerance
In-House Testing For Food Intolerance
Food intolerance may produce a variety of symptoms including lethargy, fogginess and a general feeling of unwellness.
Often, people can experience stomach pain, constipation, diarrhoea, bloating and feeling gassy.
These symptoms often persist for many years and patients often report that visits to their doctor have not resolved their problems.
We have Good News!
At Capalaba Natural Health, we now have a test for food intolerances that can be performed in the clinic. Results are available within 45 minutes and you save hundreds of dollars in comparison to laboratory testing. Read more about our Food Intolerance Tests here.
A simple test can check your reaction to 59 commonly eaten foods including:
- Nuts & Beans
- And other foods including Egg, Cow’s Milk, Garlic, Ginger, Mushroom, Tea and Yeast
In-House Heavy Metal & Essential Mineral Testing
Minerals are essential for growth, healing, vitality and wellbeing. They provide structural support in bones and teeth, and they maintain the body’s pH and water balance, nerve activity, muscle contractions, energy production and enzyme reactions. They are the basic ‘spark plugs’ of life.
The right balance of minerals such as Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium, Sodium, Chromium, Iodine etc. are critical to your body functioning effectively.
Deficiencies in these essential minerals can lead to:
- Brain fog
- Cardiovascular conditions
- Muscle tenderness and pain
- Poor memory
- Joint Pain
Many health conditions are also aggravated by excess toxic (heavy) metals.
Heavy metals are naturally occurring elements which become toxic if they accumulate in your cells and tissues. They disrupt the normal functioning of your body and lead to a number of negative health symptoms including fatigue, digestive issues, pain, migraines, headaches, brain fog, learning difficulty, muscle weakness etc…
Heavy metals have no biological role and often any measurable amount may have negative health effects. Removing heavy metals can often have profound effects on people health.
The main toxic heavy metals are:
- Aluminium – Associated with abdominal pain, headaches, seizures, irritability, fatigue, poor memory, autism and joint pain.
Sources – Over the counter medications can be one of the largest sources of aluminium, antiperspirants and douches, Food that has been cooked or stored in aluminium pots and aluminium foil is another source.
- Cadmium – Associated with fatigue, poor sleep, and trouble waking up in the morning, learning difficulties, cognition, recurring flu-like symptoms, and abdominal pain.
Sources – foods such as rice and wheat which are grown in soil contaminated by sewage sludge, super phosphate fertilizers and irrigation water, Large ocean fish such as tuna, codfish and haddock, Many processed foods, Solder used to seal cans, many water supplies, Dental amalgams and appliances, batteries,
- Copper (Excess) – Associated with fatigue, foggy head, headaches, abdominal pain, painful periods, reoccurring thrush, depression, food allergies, poor immunity, tics, insomnia and reoccurring viral infections.
Source – Copper ore, copper pipes, supplements, hard water, hot tubs, cookware, medications, dental materials, jewellery, insecticides, oysters, chocolate and industrial emissions
- Lead – Associated with fatigue, headaches, muscle pain, poor memory, tingling, and muscle weakness, constipation with abdominal pain.
Sources – paint and gasoline and is still used in batteries, solder, pipes, pottery, roofing materials and some cosmetics, toys and soil.
- Mercury – Associated with oversensitive to drugs and medications, digestive issues, diarrhoea, leaky gut, anxiety, fatigue, depression, OCD, thyroid disturbance, eczema, mood.
Sources – fish, shellfish and animals that eat fish, found in many rocks including coal, mercury thermometers, fluorescent and low-energy light bulbs, dental fillings modern amalgam fillings, batteries
Your naturopath can then help identify the best course of action to improve your essential minerals and how to safely remove any excess heavy metals that may be negatively affecting your health.