» 1 cup of milk OR soy milk OR nut milk*
» 1 Tbsp of Lecithin
» 1 Tbsp of flaxseed oil (cold pressed)
» 1 Tsp slippery elm powder
» ¼ Tsp brewer’s yeast
» Handful of nuts/seeds OR LSA mix (linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds)
» Fruit – banana OR fresh/frozen berries, mango
» 1 tsp organic honey
» 1 Tbsp acai berry powder OR chia seeds Optional
» Whey protein powder Optional
* To make nut milk simply combine 1/3 cup of any nut/seed and blend with 2 glasses of water.
What makes this smoothie a super smoothie?
- Lecithin – is needed to build the neurotransmitter acetylcholine which improves your memory and is great for the repair of the nervous system. Lecithin is also known for its cholesterol-lowering abilities and in preventing fatty liver.
- Flaxseeds – Rich in omega 3 therefore helps burn fat, reduces inflammation, increase energy, decrease cholesterol and stabilises insulin levels!
- Slippery elm – high in fibre and helps soothe the gastrointestinal tract. Also relieves constipation.
- Brewer’s yeast – broad spectrum B vitamins, great for energy!
- Nuts/Seeds – good fats, fiber and vitamin/minerals
- Organic honey – great for the immune system and packed with goodness!
- Acai berry – fabulous antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Great for an energy boost!
- Chia seeds – high in omega 3, fibre, antioxidants, vitamins/minerals
- Whey protein – muscle building and energy!